Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Something must be wrong with me

I'm posting two days in a row!!
Some blogs on Homeschool Alumni got me thinking about this, and I decided to give it a try. And Susan, I haven't forgotten that you've meme-tagged me for your's!! It's next : )

This is the Google-Meme where you type in your name and a phrase, in quotes, to see what other people have said about "you." Silly, I know. But it's still kind of fun!

1. I don't think Jessie looks like Mary Poppins. (I don't think so either!)
2. "Jessie looks like an old man," Zeon said. (I- I- I do?? Why didn't someone tell me?!? and anyway, who's Zeon, and why is he talking about me?)
3. Jessie looks like she will fulfill her dream of becoming a writer. (I never knew I had such a dream!)
4. But Jessie looks like a weirdo. (Thanks, pal.)
5. Jessie looks like part Dobie & lab. (So which is it, the old man, the dog, or a weird old man dog?)
6. Jessie looks like Ashley (only, you know, attractive). (That's nice to know. At least somebody things old man dogs are attractive!)
7. Jessie looks like a duck, which he kind of does. (These people can't make up their minds.)
8. Jessie looks like a witch man. (*sigh* I do not.)
9. Basically, Jessie looks like any golden labrador out there. (Here we go again!)
10. Jessie looks like her mother, but they don't smell the same. (Some people do say I resemble my mother, but I'm not sure what that last part means!!)

Okay, you see how silly that was. But it was kind of fun. Kind of. Maybe not as much fun as I was hoping...
Something that I think is a little more fun, is to type your first and last names, in quotes, in Google, and see who you are!

(I'm running for State Senate in Minnesota; I have music for you to download; I'm an actress in B movies, my latest being "Hello Earthlings!" (2004); and I'm also on the Linguistics Departmant Faculty at Northwestern University. Oh yeah, and I'm a 6'1" volleyball player at Fresno State. Who knew?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Hmmm, that's not a very flattering set of descriptions :).

When I type "Susan Garrison" into quotes, I actually make #4 on the list - my blogger profile. Wow. I'm famous ;). And I'm #39 - for math awards I won at UGA. I didn't look beyond the first page.

8/22/2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Wow, you're really on there! I don't make it on the list, at least not on the first couple of pages! I used to, when I had a website for a "business" (ha!) I once had.

8/24/2006 8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm at #1. :)

And I too found my name in a list of math awards.

8/26/2006 3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and as for the Google-Meme:

"John looks like a monstrous spined robot."

"John looks like a Rumanian refugee..."

"John looks like a young Robert Redford..." :)

Of course, when I google "John looks like", pretty soon I get to pages that explain this particular game. ;)

8/28/2006 2:04 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Wow, you are Number One! (And a Robert Redford refugee robot at that ; ) )
(And congrats to you, and Susan too, on your Math Awards- How fun!)

8/29/2006 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home