Thursday, July 20, 2006

Potential cookbook in the works- I need your help.

To all my blog-friends out there- I need you to take my quick and easy survey. Your answers are all anonymous. I will be using the information I gather from this survey to determine what kind of market there may be for a cookbook that I've always dreamed of publishing. **

Please comment here to say whether you prefer digital cookbooks (e-books) at a cheaper price, or hard copies for a higher price.


**This is by no means a guarantee that I will be publishing a cookbook, in any form. I'm just toying around with the idea, trying to see what the market is like. Thanks for your help!! Keep a look-out for a survey about another potential book/e-book about making your own cleaning supplies, too!

7/21/06 UPDATE- to all my non-American blog-friends out there! I have updated the survey to include you who don't live in the States. Feel free to take this improved version! Thanks for your time!

7 Comments:

Blogger *~*Michelle*~* said...

Hi! Found your blog using the Next Blog feature.For me, I am a nerd I guess, I prefer hard copy cook books, yet I will take my laptop into the kitchen if I find a recipe on line.

7/20/2006 7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer a hard copy book. Did I read somewhere that you drink rice milk? I can't tolerate casein so I'd be interested in recipes that work well with rice milk.

I'm glad to read that your sewing business is taking off. Do you still like it? My mom tried sewing at home and she gave it up for various reasons. I's enjoy making things I like to make and then selling them, but not making garments that have to fit just right. That is a bit stressful for me.

7/20/2006 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I's" ... um, I meant to write "I'd"

I am really enjoying your aprons, BTW. I gave the old-fashioned printed one of girls doing chores to my daughter, Amy (www.amidchaos.blogspot.com/) because she loved it so much. Are you still making aprons?

7/20/2006 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to give the survey a miss. :(

7/21/2006 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go to the internet to find recipes because I like to have the ability to search for specific ingredients. I then compare the various recipes and use my own judgement... It is helping me to learn how to cook! (Yes, you can teach an old dog new tricks) Of course you, Jessie, (my stepdaughter) have taught me so much! I really appreciate your creative input on the various things (be it cooking, decor, or whatever) that I have going on here! It is such a joy to see how you have grown into a talented, motivated young lady. But back to the question: I can't say that I prefer one over the other (downloaded file or hard copy) because I like to have something to hold as well as the ability to search. I would say the younger generations would probably prefer downloaded files...
Okay, I finished now!
Love, Wendy :)

7/21/2006 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cookbook! I think this is wonderful and hope that you continue on with your dream! If you ever need any support or encouragement...please let me know! :O)

Love and God's Blessings,
Cat
(from www.xanga.com/MrsCatherine)

7/22/2006 3:17 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I much prefer hard copy. I'd be first in line to buy it, in fact :-D. But then, the funny thing is that I reprint my favorite recipes onto separate papers to slide into sleeve protectors for my recipe binder, so it's sort of odd that I'd prefer a hard copy, but I would.

How did I miss this post until today? That's odd. It's in my Google reader, since I scrolled down to check, but I never saw it when it was new.

I'd be interested in homemade cleaning supplies also :).

7/23/2006 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home