Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Now, for your literary enjoyment...

Ode to a Return to Normal Life after you've had a day off for a Holiday.
Sung to the tune of The Star-Spangled Banner.

O, say can you see?
All those mountains of clothes-
Piled so high in the laundry room
Till they come to my nose?
O, say, is that washer or dryer yet free?
For I have to wash some fabric
Before Sat-ur-dee.

-by Jessica (last name withheld by request)

Well, what do you think? It is my lifetime dream to one day be as accomplished and famous as Hannah (you know someone's got to be famous when they don't have to use their last name!)... and I think I may be getting there. If I'm lucky (even though I don't believe in luck) one day Hannah might even ask me to write the preface to her poetry anthology. And of course Susan could include her inspiring works as an epilogue.

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I am excessively diverted :). I think you passed audition very well. Perhaps the three of us should co-write something! It would be an instant best-seller.

7/06/2006 3:57 PM  
Blogger une_fille_d'Ève said...

I am accomplished? And famous? You're too flattering. :-D

Very impressive composition! I'm quite inspired. I agree with Susan. Who knows what would happen if we wrote something together! The world awaits...

7/07/2006 7:22 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

: )

Let's get started, y'all!
What should we call our collaboration? Think it would make the Times list??

7/08/2006 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home