Friday, August 25, 2006

The (Ex-)Planet Formerly Known as Pluto

So if Pluto's been kicked out, then shouldn't Jupiter be as well? If a planet can be too small, then couldn't a planet also be too big? And anyway, Jupiter's actually a gas planet... so it's "different". I vote we get rid of Jupiter. And while we're kicking out the gas planets, let's get rid of Saturn (it's got rings!) Uranus, and Neptune (it spins sideways!) too! (Sorry, nothing particular unique comes to mind about Uranus... But we might as well boot him out with the others, just to be "fair".)

And besides- "dwarf" people are still real people. Disabled people who use walkers or wheelchairs are still people. So can't a "dwarf" planet who has a wobbily orbit still be a planet?

I'd almost buy one of these...

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is SOOOOOO typical!

Nobody cares about Pluto when it's a planet, but when it gets downgraded everyone gets sentimental.

Where were you when Pluto needed you????????

8/26/2006 3:48 AM  
Blogger une_fille_d'Ève said...

Hehe... very funny. :-)

8/26/2006 6:18 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Haha! We need to start a Pluto-lovers support group :).

8/26/2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger Radagast said...

And what about all the discrimination that Ceres has suffered all these years?

9/01/2006 5:04 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

You're confusing me with your many names, Mr. Dekker! Are you a shape-shifter? A scizophrenic? ; )
Or perhaps you just have two blogs and two usernames. That's quite alright. (Now that I know who you are.) How's life in Australia?

9/01/2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Haha, Jessie. I think you're confusing John with his brother :).

9/01/2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Oohh... whoops. I didn't realize!
So, um, well then, nice to "meet" you, Mr. (Other) Dekker!
Sorry. Will you forgive me?

Thanks for letting me know, Susan! I should've checked out "radagast"'s website a little closer! I just moved over the link and saw it was linked to a website with "dekker" in it, and, little blonde me, stopped right there. You mean there could be two Dekkers out there? Wow.

9/01/2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

ha ha!
You actually made me LOL : )
Why didn't I think of that??

9/01/2006 8:02 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

And you're right, I'm a-- what would you call it? not racist-- "dwarfist"?? I'm not offering equal opportunity planetary status to Ceres and her bunch, am I? *shame, shame*
Maybe the reason I vote for Pluto and not Ceres is that I think only male dwarf planets are eligible for planetary status. Now if Ceres becomes a suffragette and we vote to make an ammendment to the Interplanetary Constitution, well, then maybe we'll reconsider.

9/01/2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger Radagast said...

I guess John and I are easily confused... ;)

But I still think you're much too harsh on Ceres. She was discovered first, by more than a century. She's not so wildly eccentric as Pluto, she's closer to the solar home fires, and she's got classical style.

What is Pluto? A Disney dog! Who invited it into the planetary club?

9/01/2006 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home