Friday, August 25, 2006

The Book-Meme I haven't forgotten about ; )

1. One book that changed your life: Female Piety: A Young Woman's Guide by John Angell James
2. One book that you've read more than once: Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss.
3. One book you'd want on a desert island: I don't know a specific title, but I would want a book about Foraging for and Cooking with the Foods Naturally Occuring on Desert Islands, with additional notes about which plants are either Poisonous or Medicinal, by Some Guy Who's Been There and Knows What He's Talking About, E.D.I.S. (that stands for "Expert Desert Island Survivor. Tom Hanks would make a nice substitute.)
4. One book that made you laugh: Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
5. One book that made you cry: God Knows My Size by Harvey Yoder
6. One book that you wish had been written: The Diary of My Great-Great-(etc) Grandmother Who Was a Duchess in Wales in the Fifteenth Century, with engravings or period attire, living arrangements, and maps, as well as Her Favourite Recipes, by Said Great-Great-(etc) Grandmother (sorry, I need to contact my family-historian aunt to be sure of her name. But you can be sure it's really neat.)
7. One book that you wish had never been written: Forever... by Judy Blume (please don't go look this one up if you haven't heard of it. eew it's bad.)
8. One book you're currently reading: The American Woman's Home by Catherine Beecher and Harriet Beecher Stowe
9. One book you've been meaning to read: So Much More by the Botkin sisters
10. Now tag four people: Samara, Sabine, Kelly, and Andrea.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

:) Yay! You did it! Interesting answers. I thought this was one of the better memes floating around the blogosphere. Most are boring and a waste of time. But musing on books couldn't be a waste of time, right?

8/30/2006 4:24 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

No, no, of course we could never waste time when it's spent on books, could we, Susan?? ; )

I wanted to add a footnote here that I was discounting "the Bible" for any answers on this meme. Obviously, the book I would want on a desert island would be the Bible. Obviously, the book that has changed my life would be the Bible. etc, etc. But I think we would all put that down, so just take that as a given, and enjoy the variety in the other books I listed.

9/01/2006 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home