Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday Fotos

(Sorry for the poorly alliterated title, but it was either that or "Phriday Photos", and I settled on the former...)

I have a bunch of pictures I keep meaning to post on, so my efficient (or wannabe) mind says, Just do them all at once! So I am, and here they are.

Here's the 5-year-old birthday girl! Hannah said she especially wanted "the other Hannah, Susan's Hannah" to see her pictures : ) It's hard to believe she's 5 already! I still remember my fifth birthday party... *sigh* Mine had Barbies and Mickey Mouse, her's has Emily Dickinson and "kitchen" supplies! More to come on my "misspent youth"- and my remedy for it- later. ; )


And here she is again, getting smothered in kisses from her Mommy and Papa. Poor thing, so many people to love her, and only two cheeks!

----------------------------------


Here's a batch of foccacia bread I made a while back. I used spelt flour, and I topped the loaves with olive oil, kosher salt, and oregano. Yum! I saw one of these (made with white flour, of course) selling for $2.00 at WalMart. I haven't done the cost-comparison yet, but I'm almost positive that I have less than that (or $2 at most) in both of these, total. I'll compare the costs when I post the recipe for you here.

----------------------------------

This is what I came home to one day recently after working at the library. I don't know what was going on in my room while I was gone, but I'm thinking it probably had something to do with Matthew and Hannah! It made me think of the picture from The Cat in the Hat... (And I wish I could say that "their" presence accounts for the all of the mess on the bookshelf, but no, sorry, I have to take credit for about 90% of it. The movie hanging off the edge is from them, though...) What are you supposed to do with great big hardcover books that don't fit on your shelves?? Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I'll make sure "Susan's Hannah" looks at these ;). That is so cute. You picked some great pictures to post :). I love the contrast between her 5th birthday gifts and yours. Emily Dickinson??? Wow. Oh, and true confessions: I played with Barbies too. *hides face in shame*

How does spelt flour compare in texture and taste to wheat flour? The loaves look yummy!

Remedy for hardcover books that don't fit in a bookshelf? The problem isn't the books, so don't blame it on them! You just need a bigger bookshelf :). That's my solution. Although this summer my solution to that problem was boxing up the "not-as-immediately-necessary" books :(. I decided two large bookshelves in my small room was about capacity.

9/09/2006 6:50 AM  
Blogger une_fille_d'Ève said...

Fun pictures! I especially like the one of Hannah being kissed on both cheeks - very cute!

9/09/2006 12:40 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

I have since been informed, by a witness and by the culprit himself, that the chairs were placed there in front of the shelves by Matthew. Hannah didn't sit there, though he intended her to.
*silly boy*

9/09/2006 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home