Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Pink Seersucker Dress

Here is the finished seersucker dress I mentioned the other day. I don't like how small the neckhole is, so next time I use this pattern I'll make it a little larger. A girl just needs a bit of room to turn her head!! But otherwise I think it's a good pattern.

I once again made adjustments to the rickrack, placing it a couple inches from the hem and adding it to the neckline, and on the pocket. The only pocket, that is, because I didn't want to use two. : ) Oh, and I used only three buttons instead of four (because that was all I had), but they're so cute! They're little white flower buttons with depressed centers for the thread holes.

Today's to-sew list: Finish a jumper for my Mom; Try to at least cut out the fabric for a new skirt for myself. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Oh, what an adorable dress, Jessie! Is that your sister, I presume? She's so sweet :). I loved reading your post from earlier this week on your profitable sewing day. Oh, and I love your new user pic. So beautiful and graceful :).

6/10/2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger Anna Naomi said...

It looks as though you're a wonderful seamstress! I enjoyed your photos and posts about sewing! I've been sewing a lot lately, but not quite so much as you have!

6/11/2006 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home