Saturday, November 19, 2005

What's in a name??

I'm planning a sewing business I'd like to start in January (in the Lord's will) but I just can't think of a good name. I'll be taking in sewing for people, mainly focusing on modest women's and girls' items.

I made a list of words that apply to what I want to do, and here's what I've come up with:

adjectives:
grace, graceful, modest, modesty, feminine, ladylike, style, tasteful, elegance, winsome (I love that word), simple, simply, pure, purely

nouns:
attire, apparel, dress, dresses, stitches

I'd like to maybe incorporate Tabitha into the name somehow.

Any suggestions are welcome indeed!
When I know what the Lord wants me to call it I'll be sure to let you all know.

I know Susan has taught sewing lessons... anybody else done any sewing-related business? I'd love to hear your stories!

"Go to now, ye that say, To-day or to-morrow
we will go into such a city,
and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow.
For what is your life? It is even a vapor,
that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
For that ye ought to say,
If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that."
James 4:13-15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home