Thursday, November 03, 2005

Light in the Darkness

Last night when I got home from church, the motion light didn't turn on like it was supposed to. I got out of my car slightly perturbed that I would have to fumble for my keys in the dark.

But once I was out, I couldn't help but look up and study the Milky Way flowing above my head. Since the light wasn't on I could see millions of stars, and Venus too. I stood there in amazement for several minutes and watched as, much to my delight, a shooting star whizzed across the sky.

Now if the light had been on like it "should" have, I wouldn't have seen the shooting star.

Isn't this how God works in our lives? He allows certain things to cross our paths, that at first- and sometimes for a while- seem to be bad. But it's during those dark times, when things don't seem to be going right, that the brightest blessings come along "to cheer me on my way."

I need Thee precious Jesus, for I am very poor;
A stranger and a pilgrim, I have no earthly store.
I need the love of Jesus to cheer me on my way,
To guide my doubting footsteps, to be my strength and stay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I love looking at the stars! I love a chance to see them out in the country, where there are not all the glaring lights of Metro Atlanta to block most of them ;).

Good thoughts in your post, and oh so true. Here is a redemptive parallel to your post:

Romans 9: 22-23
What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory.

11/05/2005 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that reminds me of the first two lines of a beautiful hymn:

God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform.

10/25/2006 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home