Sunday, October 29, 2006

I've gone back on my word.

*Oops*

Susan can testify that I always said I would never wear black anywhere near my face because I felt it was too dark for my fair complexion.

But I've broken my own law, since I bought a black hat at Cato's yesterday. It was a really good price and it's pretty; and I had been thinking that if I could find a nice-looking one for a decent price I would probably get it, because a black hat is a black hat- it's a basic standby. Anybody can wear black and it's okay. So I wore it to church today, and thus ends my no-black-near-the-face rule. I'm not quite ready for black sweaters or shirts though. We've gotta go easy on this.

It didn't accentuate my white skin as much as I feared, but it does make my hair look brown in the picture. = ( I don't want to go brown! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great on you!

10/30/2006 8:12 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

*gasp* Jessie, what happened? ;) I thought you were never going to wear black that close to your face?

But see, black doesn't make you look awful! *told-you-so nose in air look* It looks very nice. And black is so functional and universally (or almost, anyway) usable. I have so many Sunday outfits that go nice with my dark gray hat.

10/30/2006 12:39 PM  
Blogger Anna Naomi said...

I think it looks quite lovely!

11/16/2006 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home