Saturday, September 23, 2006

A very little ado about nothing in particular

I just had to let all of you know that I've finally gotten my "to read" blog roll on Google Reader down to just three, read it, three, posts!! Whoo-hooh! And really, it's only one-and-a-half, since I've read parts of two of them, and all of one of them, and I'm saving the latter for a reference to sermons I am wanting to hear. So celebrate with me, dear bloggers, I'm catching up!

Also, I have been meaning to update my sidebar with a link to my family's photo website on sermonaudio.com.

And, just one more thing. More pictures for you. Though I had intented on writing a post about what I did for my birthday, it hasn't happened yet. But I will quickly mention that my co-workers threw me a party Thursday, and you can see the pictures here. My pictures start with the one of a sign, which was placed right at the entryway. The next is of the beautiful cake they bought me!
But be sure to check out the other pictures in the album, if you have the time... Of the six of us librarians, all of us are hitting "zeros" within a year. Poor Karen, she's a "2"... So my boss kicked off the zero celebrations, turning 50 in July (we made her an office for her birthday! You have to remember that I work at a very small county library in the middle of nowhere. Country librarians don't get their own offices. Even if every other boss in the system has one. Sorry, not in our "town"! Poor Jan.), then another co-worker friend turned 40, and she's a big Steelers fan, so I made her a "jersey" from poster board, and then there's me. Up next is one of the other part-timers, turning 70 in December, and after that, there's the other full-time lady, turning 60 in January. So we've got five consecutive decades covered here at the library, except for 30. Though with all of our relatives taken into consideration, we can cover the whole range from 0 - 80! I love my library and co-workers! : )

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

How funny that you all are turning "decades" this year :). I really like those brown sandals you are wearing, by the way. I used to have a pair similar to those, but I wore them out :(.

9/23/2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

That's funny Susan. After I bought them, I started thinking, was Susan wearing these sandals when we met?? Katie went through our pictures and found that the ones you had on were almost like mine, but for the connecting strap and a slightly different heel. But it is funny : )

9/23/2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Those weren't even the sandals I was thinking of :). I love those ones too. How funny that you thought to look back. I had some other ones that were brown with a back strap and a crossover strap that I loved! But I wore them out - literally :).

9/25/2006 4:28 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

So this would be a case of "The Wrong Sandals"? : ) Oh well! I tend to like the same type/style of shoe for a long time, so my shoes tend to all look similar too.

Oh, and I figured I might as well just change my username to Jessie rather than Jessica, so it will be less confusing for "the other" Jessica : )

9/26/2006 7:42 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

You know, I subconsciously realized you changed your username, but it didn't reach my consciousness. :) I saw you changed your pic and profile - fun! by the way. And, ahem, an e-mail is forthcoming, hopefully later today :-D.

9/26/2006 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home