Saturday, February 11, 2006

I've been meme-tagged

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.
1) Bright Star
2) Ink and Incapability
3) The Happy Feminist
4) Space Station Samara
5) Everything Domestic

Select Five People to Tag
- Susan of An Old-Fashioned Girl (now you've been double-tagged)
- Amy of Amy's Humble Musings
- Sabine from Sabine's Garden
- Miss Kelly and Miss Andrea of Ah the Life...
- Barbie G., but I don't know if she has a blog. I need to e-mail her again.

What were you doing ten years ago?
- Wishing my then-newest brother a happy one-month birthday!

What were you doing one year ago?
- Hmmm.... finishing up a fuzzy white scarf to match my fluffy hat. I had just learned to knit.

Five snacks you enjoy
- blue corn chips
- peanut (or other nut) butter and all-fruit spread sandwiches
- nuts and fruit
- half an avocado with homemade balsamic vinaigrette
- yogurt

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics
- He Was Despised and Rejected of Men
- Comfort Ye My People
- O Thou That Tellest Good Tidings to Zion
- For Unto Us A Child Is Born
- Lift Up Your Heads, O Ye Gates
And most of the other songs in Handel's Messiah. (tee hee) : )

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire
- pay taxes
- tithe/donate money
- buy a new car (nothing fancy, and not necessarily "new," just new-to-me), purchase a ton of books and media, build a car wash (long-standing dream of mine- bet you never knew that!), open a fabric store, and probably buy out that beautiful house I've always wanted to live in, if they'd sell it to me. Oh, and of course, I'd start my farm.
- share with my family and friends
- save/invest the extra

Five Bad Habits
- flitting around between projects ("Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.")
- being in a hurry when I cook, being in a hurry in general ("He that believeth shall not make haste...")
- giving in to my sweet tooth ("Whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, who mind earthly things.")
- staying up too late ("It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late...")
- not keeping my room tidy ("Let all things be done decently and in order.")
- (I know, this makes six) Not e-mailing my friends or posting on my blog as often as I'd like to/should. (And I guess the verse for this one is "The [girl] that would have friends must shew [her]self friendly.")

Five things you like doing
- reading everyone's blogs
- poking through other people's bookcases (me too, Samara!)
- trying to live the way people did in the past
- sewing, crocheting, knitting, embroidery, baking, cooking, having a clean house, teaching Sunday School, being healthy, looking at books (sorry, that's way more than five)
- getting as much as I can for as little money as possible

Five things you would never wear again
- blue jeans
- khaki jeans
- black jeans
- any other form of pants meant to be seen (besides ski bibs. I haven't tried skiing in a skirt, though I've seen it done, but it's hard to be immodest in the puffy-fat bibs I've got!)
- skirts that aren't obviously long, or any immodest clothing

Five Favorite "Toys"
- the computer
- the internet
- my brother Matthew
- hmmm, I don't have any more. That's sad. I must not ever get to play... oh well. Such is my life. At least I don't mind. Work is fun, too.
-

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Okay, okay, maybe I should do this. . . I saw Samara's tag but hadn't done it (nothing personal, Samara, btw!). I'm kind of thinking one meme is enough - I did the Seven 7's a while ago, as you remember - but I'll consider doing this one as well ;).

I enjoyed your responses, btw, Jessica. Very fun!

2/12/2006 6:48 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

There. . . I gave in and completed the meme ;). It was fun to do!

2/19/2006 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home